Client :..................... Major Oil & Gas Operator or Construction Contractor
Education :.............. Bac+2 HND, DUT/BTS or equivalent
Contract :................. residential
Experience :............. 5 years at least
Salary :.................... depends on the candidate profile
Location :................. Paris Area
Start :....................... end of august
provides specialist knowledge to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies.
EP2C Energy provides a combination of project management support, project engineering support, construction supervision, third party/vendor inspection and recruitment selection. The scope of services is provided at various phases of a project ranging from exploration to production, engineering to construction, upstream and downstream.
Job and missions :
PROJECT TRANSPORT LEADER
Mission : Assures carrying out of necessary operations in respect of deadlines, transport and delivery of equipment and materials.
1) Makes cost-advantages analysis relating to use of any subsidiary offices and agencies in the area, choice between commissions to dispatching companies or single shippers, assignation of services to specialist agencies, the choice between ex-works dispatch and inclusion of transport, etc.
2) Follows up import, export, transit, dispatch and transport custom papers.
3) Manages and co-ordinates shippers and/or dispatchers.
4) Co-operates in management of transport insurance contracts with companies.
5) Manages Project Information System relating to materials handling, routinely updating relative data.
6) Plans transport with Expediting & Inspection Officer.
7) Uses a computerized program named IBIS (SAP) for these activities
Other Project or Process specific tasks:
Ensuring that goods are shipped / forwarded from place of disposal (contractual delivery term) to final destination (as defined in the project scheme and procurement plan), Transit officer is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Performing, in strict coordination with Expediter (who is responsible for confirming the “ready to ship” date), all the necessary pre-bookings of assigned shipments in order to plan and anticipate the shipment according to the requests of the project.
- When a “shipping request” is received, liaising with expediter in case of any necessary corrections/amendment/modifications to ship documents.
- Issuing all necessary documents for transports and custom operations (invoice, etc).
- Managing of all necessary shipping documents, including dispatch/receipt to/from selected forwarder, customs or custom representatives, site logistics manager, etc…
- Where applicable, depending on project scheme and procurement plan, managing of the export custom operations.
- Managing completely and following up all shipments in charge, including expediting and confirmation of pre-booking, booking, loading, freight, unloading and, when applicable, custom activities and delivery to final destination.
- Managing of selected Freight Forwarders, including all communications, documents and data exchange, reporting from Forwarders, etc.
- Operating and keeping update the CONTRACTOR Integrated Business Information System (IBIS/SAP), including but not limited to:
- Issue Shipping Plan for any shipping file and shipment, and keep them updated (ETD, ETA, ATD, ATA), until closure of shipping file when goods are delivered to destination.
- Controlling the costs of any assigned shipment, and issuing all necessary administrative documentation for payment of forwarders, including:
- Issue of Purchase Request for shipment with scope not included in existing transport Frame agreements.
- Issue of Work Orders
- Issue of Service Entry Sheet
- Archiving of all documentation (paper and electronic copy)
Reporting to project (and when requested to department) of status of transports (and when requested on costs), including issue/update of summary tables.
He is accountable for:
Required qualifications and background :
- On time transport of materials of shipments assigned.
- On time reporting to project on the status of all assigned shipments.
- Correct administration of assigned shipment, including costs
- Bac+2 HND BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 5 years experience in the same area at least.
- English & French fluent