Client :..................... Major Oil & Gas Operator
Education :.............. Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical , preferable Welding
Contract :................. rotational
Experience :............. 5-10 years
Salary :.................... depends on the candidate profile
Location :................. North Africa
Start :....................... ASAP
provides specialist knowledge to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies.
EP2C Energy provides a combination of project management support, project engineering support, construction supervision, third party/vendor inspection and recruitment selection. The scope of services is provided at various phases of a project ranging from exploration to production, engineering to construction, upstream and downstream.
Job and missions :
QC NDT / WELDING Inspector
Provides a comprehensive technical support during project erection, construction, equipment/package manufacturing phases.
• Shall be a current Certified Welding Inspector (CSWIP, AWS or equivalent) with documented and verifiable work experience related to transmission/process piping and API-1104 standards
• Shall monitor all welding activities in accordance with API-1104, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.8, API 650 (latest editions) and Company project’s approved procedures and specification
• All welding activities inspected shall be reported on Weld Log Report Form and signed and dated at the close of all welding.
• Daily records shall be kept by the inspector to support documentation of welding activities and complete Weld Log Report Form.
• All construction and fabrication changes from the latest revision of the IFC drawings will captured and documented on the inspectors red line set of drawings.
• Shall be responsible for tracking all materials used for the construction of the pipeline, CPF and export pipeline, including joint numbers, joint lengths and heat numbers associated with all materials (pipe stock, fittings, etc.).
• Shall also verify that all Contractor’s and its subcontractors welders are properly qualified according to requirements for the task being performed
• Attend/witness welder’s qualifications, WPS and PQR
• Monitoring and control the contractor's QC welding inspectors, in their performance and activities
• Review and Approved Weld map and ensure that weld joint are completed NDT as Project requirement
• Request and Review NDT report and coordinate with Contractor for NDT activities.
• Responsible for the approval of NDT and welding inspection report also ensuring that the inspection are following Inspection and test plan and Project Specification
• As NDT Inspector, shall qualified and able to read and approve radiographic films, perform UT, MT and PT, NDE examinations, if required
• Maintenance and development a traceability system for all activities performed
Required qualifications and background :
- A solid Oil & Gas / Chemicals industry background is requested
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical , preferable Welding
- Certified welding Inspector (CSWIP, AWS or equivalent)
- Must have Cofrend level II certification
- Skill for prepare Welding Procedure Specification and PQR
- 8-10 years’ experience in onshore Oil & Gas industry or related field
- Certified minimum Level II for RT,UT, MT and PT
- Proven related experience is required; evidence of working experience in Africa would be advantageous but not essential.
- Capable to certify/approve NDT and welding activities according to ITP (Inspection Test Plan)
- Prepare complete and comprehensive reports
- Knowledge and understanding of International Safety, Health & Environmental best practice and standards.
- Ability to estimate time, cost, materials and scheduling requirements as necessary for completion of projects
- Fluency both in English and French and Arabic will be an advantage
- Great communication skills