The Site Manager is responsible for PMT of the delivery of the direct Works on Site. He implements, coordinates, supervises and manages of all the works for the Surface facilities package during the construction and commissioning phase. This includes Field Engineering, Construction and Commissioning.
Responsibilities for Site
- Define, mobilize and manage an organization which will cover all Field Engineering, construction and commissioning activities ensuring project objectives are attained;
- Oversee all his teams activities to ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information are properly recorded, collated and available for inspection/reference as required by law, regulations and company policies;
- Identification/Anticipation and mitigation of deficiencies and development of solution to problems encountered during construction and commissioning;
- Assist the Interface Coordinator in ensuring that all interfaces are adequately defined, monitored and managed, manage construction and commissioning interfaces with others : Engineering, other sub-projects, operations;
- To maintain contact with head office in order to obtain support/expertise when required and to provide project feedback;
- Promote the reputation of the project among partners and external groups, as a high quality, cost effective service to future users;
- Maintain contact with the Main Contractor(s) for the entire duration of the works, acting as client representative for all construction and commissioning activities towards the Main Contractor/s in charge for Central Processing Facilities (CPF), gathering system, pipelines, infrastructures etc, managing the performance and delivery from Main contractor(s).
- Ensuring in collaboration with the FAC HSE Manager that the HSE Objectives of the Project are met, through identification of areas of risk and application of adequate measures.
- Management and control of the overall construction works throughout construction, field engineering and commissioning groups;
- In collaboration with the FAC Project Control manager adequate scheduling and cost control for site construction activities;
- In collaboration with the FAC HSE Manager implementation of the HSE, security plan;
- in collaboration with the FAC QA/QC Manager implementation of the Quality Control Plan;
- Managing the day to day progress of the Works ensuring that the project budget and allocated resources are utilized in the most efficient and effective way to meet the project and Company’s objectives and instigate / coordinate any corrective actions required to keep project on budget and on time.
- Ensuring the Main Contractor produces all documentation and procedures required to run the site construction and commissioning activities and hand over to the Company in a timely and orderly manner and meets the contractual requirements.
- Managing and coordinating the construction and commissioning works in accordance with the established safety rules ensuring the adequate information exchange and resolving queries and critical situations.
- Coordinate the Administrative & Material Manager with the Procurement, Material & Logistics Manager.
- Liaise with Quality Manager for any site quality issues.
- Definition of the completion targets/systems in order to perform the commissioning activities in the required sequence;
- Ensure that the FAC Project Director is always kept well informed on time of concerns of important events and suggest any preventive and/ or corrective actions, as necessary
- Coordinate with the Project Control Manager for the issuing of the site weekly and monthly progress reports