For one of our client, we are looking for a Senior Pipelines/Spools Engineer on a contract basis to work as part of our Central Engineering Group based Westhill, Aberdeen.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide relevant skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of subsea spools design and engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to Drawing Office, design calculations, MTO generation, analyses including piping stress analysis, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third party / Client submissions
- Provide spools engineering support to Tendering, Projects, Field Development and other stakeholders. And more
Qualifications and Education
- Educated to degree level or above in Engineering or a relevant numerate subject. Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Chartered Engineer (or Equivalent) with a recognised Engineering body. (Desirable)
- The candidate is required to have proven relevant experience within the Engineering discipline, mostly in the oil & gas or related sectors.
- Knowledge of spools / piping engineering, including design codes, standards and applicable software tools.
- Strong experience in the production of MTO and SoW for piping / tie-in spools.
- Strong experience in the support of procurement and fabrication of piping / tie-in spools.
- Strong experience of using CAESAR II or similar software.